Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Do you want to develop your career in an international medical communications agency?
About the role:
The Personal Assistant plays a crucial role in supporting the Managing Director with day to day activities, including project managing key business activities, organizing schedules, liaising with internal and external parties to set up social or business meetings and more complex internal team or client events. Processing finances/expenses and ensuring travel logistics are arranged efficiently. The Personal Assistant is a first point of call for many important external stakeholders. In addition, the Personal Assistant is responsible for coordinating multiple activities with our Management Team, Senior staff, and our teams more broadly.
- Support coordinating/organizing the Managing Director’s schedule, including setting up virtual and F2F meetings internally and externally
- Support in preparing confidential documents
- Support in documenting and following up on minutes/actions and creating agendas for key management meetings
- Coordinating and booking flights, ground transport, hotels, restaurants, and meeting venues with business and staff needs in mind
- Managing internal projects on behalf of the Managing Director and/or our Management Team and Senior Staff (i.e. staff engagement activities)
- Professionally represent the Managing Director and/or Management Team in contact with internal and external parties (i.e. clients, Omnicom/Adelphi colleagues, Excerpta Medica staff)
- Processing of expenses for MD and other MT members, and processing invoices from external parties/suppliers
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- At least 2 years’ working experience as a Personal Assistant or similar coordinating role in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Experience working in a multinational environment
- Excellent business English (verbal and writing)
- Strong skills in supporting documenting meeting agendas, minutes/actions, and follow up to ensure these are clear for attendees
- Experienced in working professionally with a wide range of senior leaders
- Strong organizational skills and capable of performing and prioritizing multiple tasks in parallel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing internal projects in areas such as staff engagement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on and flexible attitude
- Proactive in nature
- Energetic, enthusiastic and enjoy working with staff from all parts of our company
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU or UK work permit as appropriate. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.