Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Are you an experienced project or account manager looking to develop your career working alongside medical, digital, and creative communication strategists to deliver innovative projects in a rapidly evolving medical communications landscape?
We are looking for a
Program Manager (Medical Communications)
Experienced to senior level
About the role:
Our Program Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of the development and delivery of innovative international medical education/communication programmes, including live face-to-face and digital events, and other digital activities. They are strong project managers, with excellent client management skills, and ensure our teams deliver efficiently, in line with our clients’ needs and within budget. They work closely with medical colleagues and are a source of new ideas for innovation within our client work. They play a key role in developing strategic communication plans and use their experience in coaching and training junior colleagues.
- Developing and delivering innovative and engaging medical education/communication projects, in close liaison with medical, digital, and creative strategy colleagues
- Leading project management within a matrix team, ensuring both internal and client stakeholders are regularly informed of status and understand project scopes, timelines, actions, and priorities
- Driving effective prioritization and appropriate delegation of tasks, ensuring accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines
- Leading troubleshooting during project delivery
- Leading client management, taking a frontline role in project calls to align on project scope and direction and manage expectations where needed, including meeting preparation and follow-up actions
- Taking a leading role in the development of strategic communications plans, project proposals, and pitches for new business
- Providing direction and guidance and delegating to internal and external supporting staff or external partners including audio-visual suppliers, hotels/meeting venues, and digital meeting platform suppliers
- Developing and managing project budgets through to approval, in liaison with account leads
- Ensuring teams are delivering in line with agreed scopes and budgets, and taking proactive remedial actions when scopes and budgets are no longer in line
- Supervising consultant contracting, logistics management, and meeting materials management by Project Coordinators within the matrix team
- Coaching and training junior team members to support their rapid development
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- Strong project management competencies
- Strength in building client relationships and managing client stakeholders
- Ability to manage a matrix team comprising a wide range of skills/functions
- Strong affinity for account/project finance management
- High affinity for event-based and digital activities, ideally in the healthcare setting
- Aptitude and interest in training/coaching junior team members
- Excellent command of the English language and outstanding writing and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- An ability to multitask, see the bigger picture, and work within tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel to events and client meetings once pandemic restrictions have been lifted
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to email@example.com.