Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Are you looking to apply your editorial skills and scientific or medical knowledge to build a career in medical communications?
We are looking for a
Associate or senior level
About the role:
Are you interested in communicating medical research with precision and accuracy? Our Medical Editors are responsible for copy-editing a wide range of scientific documents and materials for use in the medical communications projects we deliver for our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device clients.
Our Medical Editors play a key role in ensuring accuracy and quality by copy-editing PowerPoint presentations, manuscripts, meeting materials, meeting reports, and other deliverables to a very high standard in close liaison with client account teams.
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- Outstanding copy-editing skills
- Native English speaker
- Consistent focus on detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to work effectively during periods of high workload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver requested copy-editing services on time and on budget
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in various therapy areas and formats
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Outlook); high-level skills in Word and PowerPoint are essential, and experience with Adobe InDesign is an advantage
- A medical/scientific background is an advantage
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU or UK work permit as appropriate. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.