Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
We are looking for a
Medical Publication Manager
Middle or senior level
About the role:
Our Medical Publication Managers are responsible for the development of high-quality scientific publications (manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and presentations). They become therapeutic area experts, liaise with our pharmaceutical clients and clinical key opinion leaders, and oversee the work of medical writers. They play a key role in the publication planning teams to develop and execute strategic communication plans.
- Providing full oversight and project management for a series of projects, including effective prioritization and appropriate delegation, for scientific publication projects (i.e. clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) within an assigned therapeutic area, ensuring accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines
- Leading project calls with pharmaceutical clients and clinical experts to align on project scope and content direction; this includes meeting preparation
- Ensuring project information in publication records is accurate and up to date
- Providing direction and guidance to internal and external medical writers regarding assigned projects, to ensure high-quality alignment with medical/scientific objectives and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Leading client publications team meetings
- Leading publication strategy development
- Communicating project status and changes effectively across internal and external stakeholders, and providing recommendations for actions towards the desired result
- Maintaining knowledge of international requirements and guidance associated with scientific publications
- Supporting, guiding, and training junior staff
What we offer:
- Membership in a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and developmentOther benefitsWe provide our employees with a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including:
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Comprehensive health plans, including medical, dental, and vision care
- Life- and income-protection insurance
- Competitive 401(k) investment options
- Working from home
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- PhD in life sciences or a biomedical MSc degree plus relevant work experience
- Publication-planning experience in a medical communications agency, a scientific/medical publishing company, or the pharmaceutical industry
- Team player with a learning mindset that thrives on providing and receiving feedback
- Excellent command of the English language and outstanding skills in writing and communication
- Ability to learn rapidly and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
- Strategic, critical thinking in addition to strong analytical skills
- Ability to run multiple parallel projects
- Stress resistance and flexibility
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your notice period/availability and desired salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable USA-based candidates need to hold a valid working permit. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.