Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Are you looking to take a leading client team role, working alongside medical, digital, and creative strategists to create impactful medical communications programmes?
About the role:
Our Medical Communications Managers are responsible for developing high-quality medical communication and education projects for healthcare professional audiences. They are therapeutic area experts, liaising with our pharmaceutical and biotech clients and some of the world’s leading medical experts to deliver engaging content for educational/communication events, digital initiatives, and enduring materials. They play a key role in the medical communications teams to develop and execute strategic communication plans.
- Developing outlines and programmes for medical education activities, including face-to-face events, digital events, and enduring materials
- Taking a leading role in the development of strategic communications plans, project proposals, and pitches for new business
- Supporting leading medical experts with creating content for medical communication and education projects, including presentations and other medical education materials
- Providing oversight and project management, including effective prioritization, ROI, and appropriate delegation, for medical education/communication projects within an assigned therapeutic area, to ensure consistent accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines
- Leading project calls with pharmaceutical/biotech clients and medical experts to align on project scope and content direction, including meeting preparation
- Providing direction and guidance when delegating assigned projects to internal and external medical writers, editors, and studio staff, to ensure consistent high quality and alignment with medical/scientific objectives
- Coaching and training junior team members to support their rapid development
- Supporting client team meetings.
- Contributing to medical education/communication strategy development
- Communicating project status and changes effectively across internal and external stakeholders, and providing recommendations for actions towards the desired result
- Leading troubleshooting during project delivery
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- PhD in life sciences, MD, PharmD, or a biomedical MSc plus relevant work experience
- Experience in learning and applying knowledge rapidly in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
- Experience in building compelling stories from research data
- Ability to run multiple parallel projects
- Stress resistance and flexibility
- Aptitude and interest in training/coaching junior team members
- Strategic critical thinking along with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)
- Excellent command of the English language and outstanding written and communication skills
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU or UK work permit as appropriate. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.