Based in Amsterdam or London?
Are you interested in communicating medical research through writing?
Overall purpose of the role:
Our Medical Editors are responsible for copy-editing a wide range of scientific documents and materials for use in the medical communications projects we deliver for our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device clients.
Essential requirements are:
- High-quality medical/scientific copy-editing skills
- Consistent focus on detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to work effectively during periods of high workload
- Ability to deliver requested copy-editing services on time and on budget
- Native English speaker
- Medical/scientific background
- Ability to manage freelance copy editors
- Professional copy-editing experience
Besides outstanding editing and communication skills, candidates should
- Have the ability to self-start, take initiative, and work independently
- Be able to manage multiple assignments in various therapy areas and formats
- Have excellent computer skills (MS Office, Adobe programs, and web research)
- Have outstanding written and communication skills
Our Medical Editor should be able to work to tight deadlines and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary, multicultural team, and with colleagues in remote locations.
Suitable candidates will need to hold a permanent EU Working Permit. Be informed an assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to work with an impressive portfolio of pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare technology clients
- We have a diverse international culture made up of people from more than fifteen countries
- We value our talent, and offer many opportunities for growth and career development
- Excerpta Medica is part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications group in the world
- We value teamwork, a passion for results, and a focus on continuing to develop and improve our skills
With offices near the center of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam, London, and New York, Excerpta Medica offers the opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in an international and multicultural dynamic organization with well-educated and dedicated colleagues.
Remuneration packages are highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in the position, please get in touch ith Monique Rial Lisboa (HR manager). You can send a motivation letter (including desired working location, notice period, availability, and expected salary) and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.