Adelphi in Healthcare Communications (AiHC) brings together the power of all communication agencies in the Adelphi Group: Excerpta Medica, Adelphi Communications, 2 the Nth, and Ology Medical Education.
Our agencies share a common vision and purpose, to develop innovative communication solutions that make a real difference for patients, healthcare professionals, payers, and brands.
Combining deep scientific expertise with creative, digital, data, and behavioral science we bring Precision Engagement to medical publications and communications, delivering impactful results, every time.
Do you have an interest in healthcare and want to join an international, growing organization? We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Business Development Manager to support us in building new client relationships and accounts.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving, planning, and managing business development and marketing activities that grow organic and in-organic business. Working closely with the head of Business Development for AiHC, the position will support 2 the Nth and Adelphi Communications, based in Cheshire, UK and Excerpta Medica and Ology, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Organic Growth (45%)
Support the ACL, 2TN, EM & Ology scientific & account leads in the development of proposals for existing clients. This may include:
- Coordinating organic opportunities, briefs, proposals with the account leads & Director of Business Development
- Overall RPF timeline, project management, & delivery
- Liaising with business unit head on RFP resourcing
- Supporting the scientific & account leads in sourcing information & insights
- Collating insights & assets & turning them into a compelling story
- Coordination of studio & 3rd party suppliers
- Ensuring the RFP response not only addresses, but goes beyond the client brief
Inorganic Growth (40%)
Support the Director of Business Development in the development of new leads & business opportunities, including:
- Researching & gathering information on target clients
- Support in collating information for RFI submissions
- Support in the development of new business proposals – both responding to RFPs & the proactive development of recommendations
- Supporting the setup and maintenance of a CRM system
- Manage the BD database of assets and resources
Agency Marketing (15%)
Support the Director of Business Development in developing promotional assets & campaigns for ACL, 2TN, EM & Ology, including:
- Supporting the Digital Director & Director of Business Development in the execution of the agencies’ marketing plans
- Including overall timeline, project management, & delivery for the ACL, 2TN, EM & Ology website updates, & content marketing via the websites, email & social media
- Collation of tracking of marketing KPIs
- Supporting the Director of Business Development & business unit heads in the development or adaptation of promotional presentations (e.g. credentials, case studies, topical thought leadership pieces)
Essential requirements are:
- Pitch/ sales experience or account management in a medical communications agency or healthcare environment
- Results oriented with proven pitch/ sales record
- Effective team player, able to work effectively within an integrated, multi-functional team
- Process driven
- Great attention to detail
- Can take the initiative
- Excellent level of English comm verbal/writing
- Understands a multi-channel / omnichannel approach to communications
- Degree level qualification, life science preferred
- Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU Working Permit.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with an impressive portfolio of pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare technology clients
- We have a diverse international culture made up of people from more than fifteen nationalities
- We value our talent, and offer many opportunities for growth and career development.
- Excerpta Medica is part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications group in the world
- We value teamwork, a passion for results, and a focus on continuing to develop and improve our skills.
Close to the center of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam, London and New York, Adelphi in Healthcare Communications offers the opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in an international and multicultural dynamic organization with well-educated and dedicated colleagues.
Remuneration packages are highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested in applying? Please send your curriculum vitae and motivational letter (including desired working location, notice period and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, do send an email to the above address and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.