We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive full-time, Senior Business Development Manager for our global medical communications businesses, where you will play a key role supporting the development and delivery of innovative solutions to address client challenges.
Adelphi Communications, Excerpta Medica, 2 The Nth, and Ology operate within a combined agency group – Adelphi in Healthcare Communications (AiHC). The position will primarily support 2 the Nth and Adelphi communications based in Cheshire, UK, but will work closely within the shared business development strategy and with the head of Business Development for AiHC.
Adelphi Communications is a leading global agency providing comprehensive and innovative medical communication solutions to the healthcare industry. Our ethos – Together We Can − speaks to the importance we place on the relationships we build with our clients, healthcare professionals and staff.
2 The Nth – delivers creative and inspiring projects across the healthcare industry. Our name reflects our desire to push the boundaries in every aspect of our work, from accuracy and creativity, to our scientific understanding and project management.
The role will also on occasion support major pitches for large agency of record opportunities for AiHC, managing research and insight identification, story flow development, team roles and proposal and presentation development, working closely with the pitch team and the head of business development.
About the role:
- Overall, to support business development for Adelphi Communications and 2 The Nth working closely with all account teams.
- Organic growth – Support profitable business growth through organic opportunities. Work closely with the existing account teams to realise organic expansion opportunities
- New business – Work with the Head of Business Development to respond to opportunities and to formal RFPs, proposals and pitches.
- Facilitate efficient response to client requests and proposal development by creating and maintaining impactful and relevant company credentials and case studies.
- Support, identify, and, when requested, lead external engagement activities to expand the visibility of Adelphi Communications
- Industry conferences; client-relevant external meetings
- Industry awards
- To work collaboratively with our account teams, supporting client opportunities as appropriate
- Contribute to strategic business discussions, supporting Scientific Directors to achieve organic business growth
- Manage proposals through all stages from concept development to winning new work
- Develop effective working relationships with all stakeholders, advising, and supporting our teams on the development of new work with clients
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Director to ensure that appropriate digital capabilities and vision are incorporated into business discussions and proposals
- To ensure the optimal response to all client requests including RFI’s, RFP’s and pitch opportunities that challenge the original brief
- Support pitch team members to build and deliver impactful presentations
- To support new business by networking within our colleagues in AiHC and the Adelphi Group, and where appropriate, Omnicom Health Group
- Manage the update and expansion of company credentials and project-specific case studies so that they are always relevant, impactful and easily accessible to the wider business
- Collaborate for creative input and seek appropriate input and advice pertaining to type/format of collateral to be developed
- Be current in best practice in medical communications, bringing new ideas and opportunities to the business
- Manage attendance and presence through external medical conferences and professional meetings
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- Ability to create and pitch compelling business propositions to clients
- Effective team player
- Strong operational knowledge of medical communications and the global pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within an integrated, multi-functional team
- Ability to identify and acquire insights and apply these to the client context to generate effective and differentiating solutions
- Experience of bringing innovation to life, from idea/concept to implementation
- Develop impressive proposal documents and presentations to clients
- Proven relationship-building skills at all levels of the business, working closely with relevant stakeholders to support growth
- Degree level qualification, life science preferred
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU or UK work permit as appropriate. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.