Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research. We are also part of the Omnicom Health Group, the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
Do you want to be a client account lead, managing a matrix agency team in delivering large digital and event-based medical education/communications projects?
We are looking for a
Program Manager (Medical Communications)
About the role:
Our Program Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of the development and delivery of innovative international medical education/communication programmes, including live face-to-face and digital activities. They are strong project managers with good client management skills, and ensure our teams deliver efficiently, in line with our clients’ needs and within budget. They work closely with medical colleagues and are a source of new ideas for innovation within our client work. They play a key role in developing strategic communication plans.
- Developing and delivering innovative and engaging medical education/communication projects, in close liaison with medical colleagues
- Managing the project with a matrix team, ensuring both internal and client stakeholders are regularly informed of status and understand project scopes, timelines, actions, and priorities
- Driving effective prioritization and appropriate delegation of tasks, and ensuring accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines
- Updating clients in project calls to align on project status and direction, and managing expectations where needed; this includes meeting preparation and follow-up actions
- Providing direction and guidance and delegating to internal and external supporting staff or external partners, including audiovisual suppliers, hotel/meeting venues, and digital meeting platform suppliers
- Developing and managing project budgets through to approval in liaison with account leads
- Ensuring teams are delivering in line with agreed scopes and budgets, and taking proactive remedial action when scopes and budgets are no longer in line
- Supervising consultant contracting, logistics management, and meeting-materials management by Project Coordinators within the matrix team
What we offer:
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast professionally
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role:
- Strong project-management competencies
- High affinity for event-based and digital activities, ideally in the healthcare setting
- Strength in building client relationships and managing client stakeholders
- Ability to manage a matrix team comprising a wide range of skills/functions
- Strong affinity for account/project finance management
- Excellent command of the English language and outstanding writing and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, see the bigger picture, and work within tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel to events and client meetings once pandemic restrictions have lifted
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter (including your preferred work location, notice period/availability, and desired salary/benefits) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates for the Amsterdam and London offices need to hold a permanent EU or UK work permit as appropriate. Please be aware that a skills assessment and/or background check may be part of the recruitment process.
Excerpta Medica is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
We will not respond to any canvassing queries received in response to this vacancy.